pages


homediarymixtapesfashion weekly crushABOUT ME

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unplugged

Over the thanksgiving break I had some time to think. Shawty was the first person in a while who has asked for my number. People don't really do that anymore. Amidst the hookup culture and social media craze, old fashioned practices pike asking a girl for her number is almost antiquated. With social media everyone know what you're doing when you're doing it and with who; it leaves very little room for mystery.

Recently Christina and I were video chatting and we were characterizing each other's  types and her perception of my "type" nonetheless accurate and hilarious.
"Isabelle, I feel like the people you go for are like the small pistachio nuts at the bottom of the bag that just won't open. You try and try with the ideas and fantasies of what could be inside. And once you manage to crack open the nut it's black and shriveled up on the inside."

I, Isabelle am a pistachio nut cracker.

Anyway I digress, I noticed that in Spanish I like to play on my ice queen status and give off this "vibe". subconsciously I figured that maybe I'll attract another nut cracker like myself.

For various reasons I've decided to unplug from social media. (Hence why my social media buttons are not working). In a way this is my attempt at weeding out my friends and who wants to talk to me. People can stalk each other's profiles, but if I don't have one and someone needs to talk to me they can either text, call, email, videochat, or talk to me in person. There are tons of options that don't require any type of social media. Its been a couple of days and I'm not quite in withdrawal but it is definitely weird without it. Its kind of nice, I don't have to worry about what other people are doing(not that I really did anyway) and they don't have to worry about what I'm doing. Although it is a bit tough when I want to message Christina and she can't videochat because we have to resort to texting which is a lot slower than messaging.

I have more time for other things, I was actually practicing piano the other day, something I haven't done in several years. If you have ever considered deleting your social media I suggest you try it out. You can uninstall all the apps from you device and deactivate your Facebook but still have the accounts be there when you feel like coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment