pages


homediarymixtapesfashion weekly crushABOUT ME

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Hierarchy of Swimming

Swimming. Such a complicated sport. Let me tell you, breakstroke is the most complicated, technically. I've been swimming for 4 years and I still don't know if I'm doing it write. Right now, I am in between 2 groups at the moment. Between National and Black. There are two routes in our team. The colored route and the National route. Our team merged with another, so they had to create more groups to accommodate the addition of people. I was in Junior National, but due to finals and my parents pressuring me skip practices, and vacations, I got out of shape. Once I returned I was painstakingly slow. And was moved to Black for the high school season. Surprisingly my times got faster when I moved. I think it was because I was more rested and didn't constantly have to catch my breath. Now its summer and with the horrible fact that I have summer school, I am still in between.

Because of my summer school, I have to go to summer school practice(Mondays 6 - 7:30pm). Luckily summer school is only 4 hours so I get out at 12:30 and can make it to afternoon practices with National(Tuesdays-Thursdays 1:15 - 3:30). There will always be hierarchy. How else would the human race be able to progress without it. Unfortunately, I am at the bottom in swimming. My times aren't as fast as the un-human swimmers in National. So I just kind of dawdle behind. I'm usually ignored, which is fine, I am a little bit of an introvert. I just wish that maybe some people(especially the girls) would make a little bit of an effort to make friends with me. I am a little strange and awkward, but like those annoying tumblr quotes say, I'm crazy when I'm around my friends and shy with anyone else. But it is ok, I'm not at practice to make friends (well not really), I'm there so I can get my times up and improve.

Its Saturday and I'm still sore from Thursday's practice. My poor triceps.